Non Woven Non Perforated House Wrap
Plastic House Wraps were first produced in the 1970s.Once on the market, it won the favor of the majority of customers,because the house wrap is easy to install and can be used for a long time. House wrap prevents the moisture that penetrates into the interior of the cladding board and the enclosure structure.In windy weather, house wrap can also play a role of wind resistant.The house wrap with wind protection performance can also produce a certain R value, which can save energy cost for the house.
In addition to preventing moisture from seeping through, the waterproof membrane can also help the walls of the building drain moisture from inside.Waterproof membrane is a magic product.It prevents the outside water from entering the interior wall, while also discharging moisture from the inside of the wall, keeping the house "breathing" and dry.For example, in hot weather, water vapor is expelled from the inside to the outside, and a waterproof membrane allows water vapor to escape.
Functions of breathable membrane:
1. Breathable Membrane form a weather barrier to prevent moisture and strong wind from invading the interior wall, making the wall structure dry and healthy.
2. Breathable membrane allows moisture to escape from the building structure.
3. Act as an air barrier to prevent small airflow from invading the interior of the structure and improve the indoor comfort level.
Demonstration of Housewrap Energy Savings
Reducing air leakage has been identified as an important way to save energy and reduce emissions.The U.S. Department of Energy has announced that air leaks can account for 30 percent or more of a home's heating bill.It also indirectly causes moisture, noise, dust, contaminants, insects and rodents problems.
Functions of various test data of Air Barrier:
1. Water vapor transmission rate: water vapor transmission rate is the amount of water vapor passing through the air barrier per unit area per unit time under certain temperature and humidity conditions.Usually expressed as perm, according to the ASTM E-96 test method, ordinary air barrier should achieve at least 5perm in water vapor transmission rate.
2. Air permeance: materials with high air permeability have poor wind-proof performance and lower R value.The standard required in most areas according to ASTM E2178 is less than 0.004 cfm/ft2 @1.57lb/ft2 (0.02l /(s • m2) @75pa).This is also the threshold of Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) in their evaluation of air barrier materials.
3. Tensile strength: tensile strength means the service life of the building wrap.According to ASTM D-5034, the tensile strength needs to reach 177N horizontally and 155N longitudinally to be suitable for use in most areas of the United States.
4. Waterproof test: according to AATCC 127, hydrostatic test should reach 55cm for 5 hours.“Boat Test” 10 minutes.Water Ponding over 2 hours.
5. Flame Spread: according to ASTM E-84, flame spread speed is less than or equal to 25, and smoke index is less than or equal to 450. Only Class A materials are suitable for high-rise buildings and corridors.