Main Properties of Magnesium Cement
(1) Gas hardness: common cementitious material represented by universal cement are all hydraulic hardness, that is to say it can be hardened in water.Magnesium cement, on the other hand, is quite different from conventional cement in that it is gas-rigid and does not harden in water. This is a prominent feature of magnesium cement compared with conventional cement.
(2) High exothermic magnesium cement release a high amount of heat during hardening process.The heat release amount reaches 1000~13500J/g MgO, and the central temperature of the highest reaction system can reach 140°C, which may exceed 150°C in summer.The hydration heat of ordinary cement is only 300~400J/g cement. So magnesium cement release 3~4 times heat than ordinary cement when exposed to water.
(3) High strength magnesium cement can easily reach 62.5MPa.Generally, the compressive strength of light burned magnesium powder cementing material can reach more than 62.5mpa, most of which can reach more than 90MPa.If the quality of lightly burned magnesium powder can be guaranteed and the proportion of magnesium cement is reasonable, the compressive strength can reach 140MPa.
(3) Its wear resistance is three times that of ordinary Portland cement.We have used magnesium cement and conventional 32.5 class ordinary Portland cement to make a floor tile each, put together for curing for 28 days to carry out the wear-resisting test, ordinary Portland cement floor tile has grinding resistance length 34.7mm, and light burned magnesium powder ground brick has the grinding resistance length only 12.1mm, equivalent to 1/3 of the ordinary cement floor tile, the same to foreign tests conclusion.Therefore, magnesium cement is particularly suitable for the production of floor tiles and other high wear resistant products, especially abrasive and abrasive tools.
(5)Among all kinds of inorganic cementitious materials, only magnesium cement has the characteristics of both high temperature and low temperature resistance.The main component of the light burning powder MgO has a fire resistance of 2800°C, the highest among all fire-resistant magnesia commonly used.Therefore, magnesium cement building materials generally have high temperature resistance characteristics, even when composited with glass fiber, the temperature resistance can still reach 300°C above.Because of this fire resistance performance, magnesium cement is widely used in the production of fire prevention panels.Magnesium cement has excellent resistance to low temperature, too.Because magnesium cement are mostly used with magnesium chloride as a moderator, and magnesium chloride is an antifreeze chloride.Therefore, magnesium cement has a natural low temperature resistance.In general, low temperatures of -30° C are tolerated.
(6)As a result of the use of salt brine as a moderator (mostly magnesium chloride), most Magnesium cement is not afraid of salt brine corrosion, and salt brine will increase its the strength.This enables it to overcome the shortcomings of ordinary cement and concrete products, and can be used in high brine areas.
(7) Air stability and weather resistance: because magnesium cement is gas rigid, after final coagulation, it can only continue to harden in the air. The drier the air is, the more stable the board is.The test shows that the compressive strength and flexural strength of magnesium cement products increase with the time in dry air, and are still increasing even after two years using.In addition, because of its resistance to high and low temperature, magnesium cement has stability in both high temperature climate and low temperature climate.Its weather resistance performance is also very excellent.
(8) The alkalinity of low-temperature and low-corrosive magnesium cement is far lower than that of any conventional cement.Through test, the pH value of its slurry filtrate fluctuates between 8 and 9.5, which is very low and close to neutral.Because magnesium cement alkalinity is very low, only slightly alkaline, its corrosion to glass fiber and wood fiber is very small.You know GRC products produced with glass fiber as reinforcement and plant fiber products with sawdust, shavings, cotton stalk, bagasse, peanut shell, rice husk, corn powder and other wood fiber scraps as reinforcement. Glass fiber and wood fiber are not alkali resistance materials, which is very afraid of alkali corrosion. They will lose strength under high alkali corrosion, and lose gelled material strengthening application.Conventional cement can not be reinforced with glass fiber and wood fiber because of high alkali.Magnesium cement, on the other hand, has a unique advantage in the field of GRC and the field of plant fiber products, which is the main reason why it can become inorganic in glass fiber reinforced plastics production.
(9) The density of light magnesium cement products is generally only 70 per cent of that of ordinary silicate products. The density of MGO products is generally between 1600 and 1800kg/ m3, while that of cement products is generally between 2400 and 2500kg/ m3.Therefore, it has a very low density and light weight.
(10) Magnesium cement is a quick solidification product.Generally, the strength of demoulding can be achieved after 4~8h after adding the blending agent.Its initial solidification is 35~45min, and the final solidification is 50~60min, which is equivalent to fast hardening cement.
(11) Good permeability resistance: the permeability coefficient is very low, without the use of anti-permeability agent, it can also achieve more than S25 anti-permeability level.Because of its good impervious property, it has a broad application in the field of roofing materials such as corrugated tiles.
1. MGO PANEL is the basic material, before using, please paste with anti-alkaline concrete or masonry primer
2. Fasteners with epoxy coating shall be used for fixing MGO PANEL.